In case you’ve been in a cave the last few days…Jay Heaps is now Revolution head coach!
Our Rebellion end of survey has ended with over 80 responses, thank you very much to those who submitted feedback. We’ll review the feedback internally and do the best we can to improve or keep on kicking ass. Look for us to post the full results when ready!
Some other stuff going on in the soccer world that you should probably get involved in…
MLS Supporters Summit: Sun, Nov 20th at 11AM
MLS commissioner Don Garber will meet with supporters live in person to discuss multiple issues. You can watch it live here or check out here to see how you can submit your own questions to the commish.
Play FIFA 12 Against Fellow Revs Fans
Head over to this event page to share you PS3 or Xbox 360 ID and hook up with other Revs fans to play FIFA 12.
MLS Cup Final Viewing Parties
We have reports of multiple Rebels meeting at Spats Pub in Providence, RI to watch the MLS Cup final Sunday night at 9PM. Are you getting together somewhere else? Let us know so we can pimp it for you!
Revolution Post Stats Analyst Position
Signaling a change in philosophy the new regime has created a data analyst job to mow through stats in order to improve the squad and make it more competitive. Math will be our ally. We’d love a Rebel on the inside, so spruce up your resume and apply here.
American Outlaws Boston Winter Ball: Dec 3rd – 7PM – An Tua Nua, Boston MA ($30 donation)
American Outlaws, the US National Team’s supporters group will be hosting their 3rd Annual Winter Ball to benefit America SCORES. Check out the link for the Facebook event. Expect US supporters from chapters all across New England as well as the rest of the country to be in attendance for a fun night.
Keep in touch with all #Revs related news with the Revs Blogosphere and check out the independent blogs covering the team.
Any questions email NErebellion@gmail.com
Rebel HQ Out.
Boston Globe reporting that Jay Heaps is expected to be announced as Revolution head coach tomorrow.
Rebels and Revs fans alike:
The Revolution as an organization has been a little confusing to us at times. We all love the club, but there does come a time when we must demand accountability. Loudly. Things won’t improve if we as fans are complacent with failure. It’s because we love our club that we ask hard questions and demand a better product. In order to do this effectively, we need to be unified and each of us informed. Below are some MUST READ articles and posts done by your fellow Revs fans as well as the Boston Globe that analyze and discuss some eye opening stories that you must be aware of. When your done reading fill out our survey, because we care about improving for you.
- Frank Dell’Apa of the Boston Globe analyzes the complex Front Office structure the Revs operate with and pose the question of whether it has contributed to this club’s failure (Moble Version to get behind Paywall)
- The Indirect Kick debates Sunil Gulati’s effectiveness and role with the Revs and re-publicizes some eye opening Tweets and Player Quotes
- NE Soccer Today conducts an interview with VP of Player Personnel Mike Burns regarding his position and some details brought to light by Frank Dell’Apa
- The Bent Musket analyzes the Burns interview and poses many more startling questions about his position and our Front Office
- The Drug Is Football concludes their Quality of Life index for 2011. It’s not pretty.
- The Midnight Ride Podcast conducts an interview with Revs legend Taylor Twellman and lets him weigh in on the state of his former club